Excerpt from back jacket:"If there was an oil you could use for your daily cooking needs that helped protect you from heart disease, cancer, and other degenerative conditions, improved your digestion, strengthened your immune system, and helped you lose excess weight, would you be interested? This is what coconut oil can do for you."
Within the past year, I have incorporated coconut oil into my daily cooking. I remember being told at a very young age that coconut oil was a saturated fat that should be completely avoided. I avoided it for years and realize how I've missed out on so many health benefits that come from using coconut oil.
The studies that were done to show that coconut oil and all other saturated fats were bad for one's health was because they raised serum cholesterol levels. However, these studies were done on coconut oil that had been hydrogenated in the oil refining process (hydrogenated means the food is altered from it's natural form into a trans fat). Trans fats are found in many foods and they will cause health problems.
Now that you know the truth, start using coconut oil today!
What Coconut Oil DOES NOT Do:
- Does not increase blood cholesterol level.
- Does not promote platelet stickiness or blood clot formation.
- Does not contribute to atherosclerosis or heart disease.
- Does not contribute to weight problems.
What Coconut Oil DOES Do:
- Reduces risk of atherosclerosis and related illnesses.
- Reduces risk of cancer and other degenerative conditions.
- Helps prevent bacterial, viral, and fungal (including yeast) infections.
- Supports immune system function.
- Helps control diabetes.
- Provides an immediate source of energy.
- Supports healthy metabolic function.
- Improves digestion and nutrient absorption.
- Supplies important nutrients necessary for good health.
- Supplies fewer calories than other fats.
- Promotes weight loss.
- Helps prevent osteoporosis.
- Has a mild delicate flavor.
- Is highly resistant to spoilage (long shelf life).
- Is heat resistant (the healthiest oil for cooking).
- Helps keep skin soft and smooth.
- Helps prevent premature aging and wrinkling of the skin.
- Helps protect against skin cancer and other blemishes.
- Functions as a protective antioxidant.
Coconut oil is expensive but it is well worth the benefits. The least expensive place I have found to purchase coconut oil is at www.iHerb.com. On your first order, if you enter in promotional code KEN780, you'll save $5 off your total. I purchase the 32 oz. Jarrow Formulas - Extra Virgin Coconut Oil for $14.37. You can't beat that price!
- A Deliciously Healthy Cooking Oil
- Better than Butter
- USDA Organic
- No Hexane
- Rich in Lauric Acid
- Unrefined & No Trans Fats
- A Soothing Body Oil
- Nature's Ideal All-Purpose Cooking Oil
The Coconut Oil Myth
Coconut oil was once mistakenly considered unhealthful. The fact is, this oil is cholesterol-free and rich in the medium-chain "good fats" doctors recommend. Why is it that baby formulas often include coconut oil? Because coconut is one of the world's most nourishing super foods. Nutritionists suggest enjoying up to 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin coconut oil each day, so help yourself to this heavenly, creamy taste of the tropics.
Nutiva's Coconut Oil is:
Cold-Pressed & Pure White: Not refined, deodorized, or bleached! Savor its naturally rich aroma and enticing light taste.
Organic: So it's free from pesticides, GMOs, and hexane.
Versatile: Ideal as a high-heat cooking oil (up to 350°), as a nutritious substitute in baking, as a "better-than-butter" replacement on bread, vegetables or popcorn and as a luscious oil for skin care, hair care, and massage.
America Needs an Oil Change - While doctors suggest we consume a 3:1 ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3, the average American diet provides a ratio of 20:1 or more - contributing to heart disease, skin disorders and arterial inflammation. So avoid out-of-balance soy, corn, and canola oils with their trans fats, oxidation and GMOs. Cook with coconut oil (with only 1% Omega-6) and use olive oil (also low in Omega-6), and hemp oil (with the perfect 3:1 Omega ratio) for unheated recipes.
Not all saturated fat is bad!
Coconut oil is cholesterol-free and contains medium-chain good fats with 50%-55% Lauric Acid-a healthy nutrient that supports the metabolism.